Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia Length?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I didnt see a post about this on the front page but I probably missed it. Have the devs speculated on game length at all? I am absolutely ready to drop the money on it, provided its a decently long experience.
It is kinda hard to judge as it depends on how you play. We have tried to ignore any thoughts about making the game of a certain length and instead focused on giving a certain experience. Quality over quantity in order words.

That said, beta testers have reported around 7 - 10 hours.

Also note that there is commentary and game is bit different depending on how you play and choices you make. These should give at least some replayability, in case you are looking for value.
(09-03-2010, 08:02 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]It is kinda hard to judge as it depends on how you play. We have tried to ignore any thoughts about making the game of a certain length and instead focused on giving a certain experience. Quality over quantity in order words.

That said, beta testers have reported around 7 - 10 hours.

Also note that there is commentary and game is bit different depending on how you play and choices you make. These should give at least some replayability, in case you are looking for value.

I appreciate the quick response! I take my time in scary games, and 7-10 hours sounds quite reasonable for a 20 dollar game, especially if its supporting a great company. I appreciate the mindset that you guys are taking, quality over quantity; I just tend to hate when developers charge an obscene amount of cash for a few hour experience.

At any rate, the demo was TOP NOTCH quality.
have you played Kane and Lynch 2? You're paying $60 for a 4 hour game. Massive rip-off.

7-10 hours is perfect IMO, plus the map editor makes it even better.
Well, if you bought the game for 7,5€ when there was that "insane discount", I don't believe it's really a short game for that low price.
I got the game when it was half off preorder, and I still feel I should have bought it for full price.
(09-03-2010, 11:26 PM)runyonqve Wrote: [ -> ]have you played Kane and Lynch 2? You're paying $60 for a 4 hour game. Massive rip-off.

You're forgetting the MP content which is hours of play. Do not cherry pick parts of a game. Just cause you didn't play all the games content doesn't mean it doesn't exist..

Its a full game with SP and MP for 50$. And Amnesia is a SP only game for 18$ dollars. Yes amnesia is a better deal for only SP.. But you get loads more content in K&L2. Just cause you don't play it.. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
(09-04-2010, 06:59 AM)Dion Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2010, 11:26 PM)runyonqve Wrote: [ -> ]have you played Kane and Lynch 2? You're paying $60 for a 4 hour game. Massive rip-off.

You're forgetting the MP content which is hours of play. Do not cherry pick parts of a game. Just cause you didn't play all the games content doesn't mean it doesn't exist..

Its a full game with SP and MP for 50$. And Amnesia is a SP only game for 18$ dollars. Yes amnesia is a better deal for only SP.. But you get loads more content in K&L2. Just cause you don't play it.. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Yeah I wasn't really trying to start a discussion on game lengths, as I did say that I was perfectly fine with a 7-10 hours game. Unfortunately, if we learned anything from the original K&L, multiplayer dies quick and the SP only lasts for a few hours.

However, I'm not just focusing on that game or any game in particular for that matter. With a game like this you get quality and length. It's rare that you get both in games these days.
(09-04-2010, 06:59 AM)Dion Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia is a SP only game for 18$ dollars. Yes amnesia is a better deal for only SP.. But you get loads more content in K&L2.

But you get map editor in Amnesia. Tongue
Well, 7-10 hours is pretty good. I agree with Thomas, quality over quantity is the best choice (just see VVVVVV, a little gem that only lasts two hours).
Pages: 1 2