Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: AMFP Entities Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=5585]For some reason my level editor won't load the entities folder of the AMFP objects - they're fully extracted and clean, and both my editor and game are 1.3. Really don't know why this would be the case except that I don't have AMFP installed on my computer right now? But aren't those files freely exchangeable/useable even to people without the game? Why can't I make it work? xD
Nevermind, I reinstalled AMFP and it works now. That maybe tells me something about making those work, though. People will probably need AMFP to play me custom story.
Hmm, the game shouldn't need to be installed, no. Not sure what the issue here is (or was).
There's a couple of things, the hook for example, that act weird when I try to place them in the editor. They manifest on click, but disappear and won't place when I let go of the mouse button. So..how do I fix that? Also how do I get it so there is an actual torso on 'torso_on_hook'? Right now it's just a hook. That won't place.
Does that keep happening to only that entity? I think I've encountered "ghost" entities before, but that has been a bug with the editor, rather than a specific entity.

For the specific entities though, I'm not sure. I haven't looked into each one. Is torso_on_hook even supposed to have a torso, or are you assuming because of the name? Perhaps you're supposed to use another entity for the torso.
(02-01-2016, 11:05 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]Does that keep happening to only that entity? I think I've encountered "ghost" entities before, but that has been a bug with the editor, rather than a specific entity.

For the specific entities though, I'm not sure. I haven't looked into each one. Is torso_on_hook even supposed to have a torso, or are you assuming because of the name? Perhaps you're supposed to use another entity for the torso.

Yeah, it's part of the pigline http://amnesia.wikia.com/wiki/Pigline?fi...gline..jpg