Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Massive lag that only occurs at certain times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is kind of a weird bug. The game is running really well at medium settings on my PC with no lag at all, but if I open my inventory, open my journal, grab a note off a table, or hit escape, the game freezes and the audio loops very annoyingly for about 10 seconds before it opens.

What makes it weirder is that if I open inventory/notes/main menu shortly after I've opened it before, this doesn't happen at all. It's like it only happens when I open a screen after at least 30 seconds of gameplay, which makes it happen 100% of the time.

edit: If it matters, I'm on Vista 32bit.
(09-09-2010, 03:12 AM)Raiden333 Wrote: [ -> ]This is kind of a weird bug. The game is running really well at medium settings on my PC with no lag at all, but if I open my inventory, open my journal, grab a note off a table, or hit escape, the game freezes and the audio loops very annoyingly for about 10 seconds before it opens.

What makes it weirder is that if I open inventory/notes/main menu shortly after I've opened it before, this doesn't happen at all. It's like it only happens when I open a screen after at least 30 seconds of gameplay, which makes it happen 100% of the time.

Im also having the exact same problem, its been mostly happening on Radeon cards.
Same problem here, although when I open the journal the audio doesn't hang. The game just freezes until I click a dozen times and force it to close, somehow.

edit: And I -am- using an ATI card.
I'm using an nVidia 8800 GT myself.
Are you using the latest drivers?

Try temporarily disabling your sound card/chip in Device Manager, then run the game and see if the problem is still there.
(09-09-2010, 04:30 AM)Kleetus Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using the latest drivers?

Try temporarily disabling your sound card/chip in Device Manager, then run the game and see if the problem is still there.

Yeah, latest drivers.

I think I fixed it... I get no problems if I just turn the graphics down a notch and run it at my native resolution, instead of at a lower resolution.
(09-09-2010, 03:12 AM)Raiden333 Wrote: [ -> ]This is kind of a weird bug. The game is running really well at medium settings on my PC with no lag at all, but if I open my inventory, open my journal, grab a note off a table, or hit escape, the game freezes and the audio loops very annoyingly for about 10 seconds before it opens.

I have the exact same problem... But this problem never occured when I tried out the demo yesterday, before I bought the full version...

Read that Raiden333 fixed his problem by turning down the graphics a bit. However this doesn't work for me at all...

I run the game on a GeForce 8600M GT with the latest graphics and sound drivers... Also Vista 32-bit.