Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Horrible Steam grid icon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happened to the beutiful icon from the steam demo? I have all my steam games showing in grid mode, you know: a beutiful picture for every game. Looked great for the demo. When installing the retail game, however, I got no beutiful picture at all. Just a black area, with a barely visible icon in the middle. I have tried to reinstall, without sucess. Why? Is this happening for anyone else? Is there anything you can do?
They still have to put the real image. For now, you just have the icon.
Did you use the steam code to activate and download it from steam or did you just link your website-download install in steam as n external shortcut?

I did the former and the grid icon is awesome high quality even on the largest zoom.
I used a steam code to activate it and do not have the big high quality grid icon.

Edit: And Technical Support could have been a bit more fitting place to post about this.
Thanks for the replies! Good to hear I'm not the only one. And now that some people clearly get the correct icon, I can agree this is better fitted for tech support. I'll post a new thread there later today.
My computer crashed yesterday, and I have just made a complete reinstall of windows and everything. Strange enough, this seems to have solved the grid problem. Now the beutiful, big icon shows just as it should. So if you´re really desperate, it might work for you too?