Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Stuck Behind Chest...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
First off, I love this game. You guys did an amazing job.

I don't think I'm very far along, but I just encountered an immersion breaker.

There's a part in the winery level where I got stuck behind a huge chest. I don't have a screenshot, so i'll try and describe it. It's a room in the winery that was featured in the demo. You have to move some crates, and duck to enter the room. There's already a lit torch in the room on the right wall, and a big metal container with some drops of oil next to it. There's a trap door you have to figure out how to open here.

Well, I hope that makes sense. Now, on the opposte end of the room from were you entered there's a corner with a huge chest (at least I think it's a chest) that can't be opened or moved. I jumped behind that sucker looking for a spare tinderbox and got stuck. I couldn't move the chest or jump high enough to get on top of it.

I had to exit the game at start over at the beginning of the level. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal, but I just wanted to pass that along.

I might add that when I was a young kid I got my head stuck in a fence. Confused

update:
Got stuck again.

I was snooping around in the control room, and entered a room that had a wooden crank on a table. I was slowly making my way around the room when I got lodged between some rusty pipes and something... invisible. This thing, it's right next to the big switch panel in this room.

I'm going to try to post a screenshot from fraps, there's something wierd blocking the way in the lower right hand corner of the shot.
I am also really enjoying the game so far. I'm about 1-2 hours in and got stuck behind a shelf that is close to a wall. It's just after the hint about hiding from enemies while in the wine cellar. I would love to continue playing this great new game! Can I get unstuck somehow?

I was never stuck in a fence, but I did get my head caught in a wrought iron railing when I was a kid. I'm not sure if this is related.

(09-10-2010, 01:57 AM)cryptomundo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
First off, I love this game. You guys did an amazing job.

I don't think I'm very far along, but I just encountered an immersion breaker.

There's a part in the winery level where I got stuck behind a huge chest. I don't have a screenshot, so i'll try and describe it. It's a room in the winery that was featured in the demo. You have to move some crates, and duck to enter the room. There's already a lit torch in the room on the right wall, and a big metal container with some drops of oil next to it. There's a trap door you have to figure out how to open here.

Well, I hope that makes sense. Now, on the opposte end of the room from were you entered there's a corner with a huge chest (at least I think it's a chest) that can't be opened or moved. I jumped behind that sucker looking for a spare tinderbox and got stuck. I couldn't move the chest or jump high enough to get on top of it.

I had to exit the game at start over at the beginning of the level. Anyway, it wasn't a big deal, but I just wanted to pass that along.

I might add that when I was a young kid I got my head stuck in a fence. Confused

update:
Got stuck again.

I was snooping around in the control room, and entered a room that had a wooden crank on a table. I was slowly making my way around the room when I got lodged between some rusty pipes and something... invisible. This thing, it's right next to the big switch panel in this room.

I'm going to try to post a screenshot from fraps, there's something wierd blocking the way in the lower right hand corner of the shot.
Is there a way to toggle collision I wonder?
Guys,

I know that this thread is quite old, but at the moment I'm stuck at the very same place in the wine cellar!

any hint would be much appreciated.
update to v1.2 and load game