Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What would you like to see from Frictional next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
I wouldn't mind a Jurassic park type game, with velociraptors and stuff.
(10-22-2010, 07:43 PM)alfie Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't mind a Jurassic park type game, with velociraptors and stuff.

You must be joking...
(10-22-2010, 08:43 PM)BulletInTheHart Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2010, 07:43 PM)alfie Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't mind a Jurassic park type game, with velociraptors and stuff.

You must be joking...

I could see it as a good game.

Though the plot is bound to end up rather cliched, playing as a guy trying to survive in a world full of dinosaurs could be awesome.

Not just because there would be tons of venues for scaring people shitless in a realistic, grounded environment, but also because theres a lot of other options for invoking emotions in people.

With good graphics and a truly immersive world, walking amongst a load of massive herbivores could end up really awe inspiring and a great thing to experience in a game.

I'm not saying that a dinosaur-survival horror game from frictional would be my number 1 choice, but theres definatly a lot of great possibilities lying there.
(10-18-2010, 02:13 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]Horror game with bunnies jumping around in some grass while sun is shining.
...wait what?

Which you can only kill with the holy hand grenade and the whole objective of the game is to find it and kill the bunnies without being seen.
I'd like another Amnesia Episode. Amnesia was a KICK-BUTT GAME!
I'm a huge Lovecraft fan, and although I am only half done with Amnesia so far(read about it in game informer and was shocked that such a main stream mag would review, much less review well, an amazingly niche game like this), I can totally sense that Frictional is in tune with Lovecrafts dark lore, and knows that scary isn't you with a shotgun and a flash light in the dark against something that can be killed, its you with no means of defeating a seemingly undying supernatural thing that is simply toying with you until it finds you boring and tosses you to the way side. I mean, if I was Daniel, I probably would of killed myself by now, or given up when I ran into the water monster.

And there is such a huge shortage of dark lovecraftian themed games/movies! Frictional! Your calling demands that you make some of lovecrafts stories into games! Just make one major one, then release episode packs of new stories. I'd be hooked.
(10-23-2010, 02:43 AM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]^^^
First concept art:

http://www.gerometemple.com/images/scaryBunny.gif

http://gosleevelessblog.com/wp-content/u...-bunny.jpg

Actually, I had those cute bunnies in mind. Tongue
I'm surprised how many people have suggested the sci-fi idea. I'm completely torn on it. I love space horror, but it's enough of a departure from the previous games it's anyone's guess if it would work. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if that's just not something the team cares much about.

I also think a futuristic setting would limit the another huge attraction of these games to me, which is the Lovecraft influence. While obviously present in Penumbra, it's come to the fore much more in Amnesia, with the antiquated setting, powerful ancient artifacts and travel beyond time and space. I would like even more of this in the future, and a space setting would not be conducive to that.

In any event, the blog makes it sound like they already have an idea as to what they're gonna do, so I think we'd better trust them to do it and do it well.

Just one more thing Frictional: tentacles! the humanoid monsters are really scary and all, but eventually I'd like to be attacked by something with no eyes, 12 arms and mouth the size of a dumpster. Or something.
I'm liking the possibility of some big space areas, regardless of theme. Imagine the pressure of solving a puzzle or laboriously opening a door when you can see the horizon blacken with a rush of a horde of...something, tearing up the distance to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22