Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What would you like to see from Frictional next?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
I would love to see Frictional experimenting with adventuregames for 3-D tv"s.

Maybe they could make a (demo-version) console-port from Amnesia 3D an put it on playstationstore for Playstation 3.

Playing this kind of Adventures in 3D can become an instant HIT Smile
I would like to see the editors Tongue
Insane Asylum.
I would like to see another horror-title. But I'd rather have it more outdoors (like in the woods) or in caves in the forest.
Spoiler below!
the short outdoor scene in Amnesia gave lots of inspiration
I really think outdoors would be wonderful, even if it's just a part of a game. Of course, no one knows how optimized the engine is for an outdoor scene.
Don't know why, but Amnesia make me think of Thief, so for me they have a good base to look forward for a stealth game.
This may be redundant, but I think they should continue what they are obviously best at: adventure/survival horror.

The balance between intriguing storyline and real fear is excellent, and it's only getting better. Penumbra: Overture was scary, Black Plague was astoundingly scary and Amnesia has turned out to be scarier than those two combined! (Notice the lack of Requiem. That was not a horror game.)

In terms of environment I believe Frictional should challenge themselves. Their games thus far have focused on environments that are notorious for being creepy and scary (abandoned mines, secret scientific projects underground, 19th century gigantic castles); I propose they try their hand at an environment that isn't inherently creepy. Perhaps someplace that a person might be able to find anywhere in a normal populated area...no ideas popping into my head right now though.
I do agree that something less cliché would be neater if they continue. The thing is that almost everything you can think of has been made into some sort of horror piece in the past. Perhaps a scenic hotel in the mountains?
A hotel? That's got "The Shining" or "Psycho" written all over it.

I think it'd be really tough to find an unclichéd environment, because I think it's all been done before. The only thing I can think of that hasn't been done is the vacuum of space. That is, not a spaceship or space station, but actually floating out in the void.

But I will say that a hotel--or something of the like--wouldn't be a bad idea. If FG continues with Survival Horror, doing an environment that people could relate to more--like a suburb, and not a research station in the middle of a tundra--could be effective. Think Unbirth.
It would be a scenic hotel. But not like one of those old Scooby Doo-like ones. Perhaps a whole town surrounding it. I guess that would be like Alan Wake but I've never played it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22