Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The Water Monser isnt scary? It is, because...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You know it can hurt you and its comming(you hear the sounds)! You cant see it right, but im nervous i want to run away! Its scary to hear that something is after you and want to kill or eat you. Thats why i think its scary. Same with the Mushrooms they hurt you randomly and you dont know when. And if you get hurt afriad because the hit sound and daniels "ahhhh" Big Grin Awesome work. This game is scary each second because you dont know what happens next.
Thanks for sharing that with us, bub....
The water monster would be my major complaint with the game b/c of the animation of it. The sound/speed/idea were great but seeing nothing there kind of ruined it. If it were a mist or fin or some effect rather than a "splash" it would have been perfect. But as i was it was kinda lame Sad
I think this could've been better handled by a constant swimming noise, rather than splashes like someone was jumping through the water. A swift, constant disruption of the surface like you get when a fish swims away quickly would've been more panic inducing I think.

But it still scared me s***less as is.
(09-11-2010, 02:15 AM)Peanuckle Wrote: [ -> ]I think this could've been better handled by a constant swimming noise, rather than splashes like someone was jumping through the water. A swift, constant disruption of the surface like you get when a fish swims away quickly would've been more panic inducing I think.

But it still scared me s***less as is.

There was a noise every so often when you are out of the water to remind you where it was if you didn't notice that. You didn't have visual confirmation but audio always.

I think any constant effect when you were in the water would have been better than an invisible entity with a single splash.
I sometimes hear it groan. Big Grin
They see me hoppin'
They hatin'
(09-10-2010, 02:40 PM)CoolKakashi Wrote: [ -> ]You know it can hurt you and its comming(you hear the sounds)! You cant see it right, but im nervous i want to run away! Its scary to hear that something is after you and want to kill or eat you. Thats why i think its scary. Same with the Mushrooms they hurt you randomly and you dont know when. And if you get hurt afriad because the hit sound and daniels "ahhhh" Big Grin Awesome work. This game is scary each second because you dont know what happens next.

In my opinion everything but the invisibility is perfect. It stomps around in the water seeking you out if you touch it. But the fact that it is invisible is kind of pointless, you know where it is at all times, it's constant splashing makes it quite obvious. No complaint really about the invisibility, but seeing it would be soooo much better.
It must be a small kangaroo type monster because it can't seem to reach you when you stand on the boxes and the splashes seem to far between to be for each foot. Maybe it's ethereal because you can run right through it too. Huh
(09-11-2010, 03:10 AM)nofsky Wrote: [ -> ]It must be a small kangaroo type monster because it can't seem to reach you when you stand on the boxes and the splashes seem to far between to be for each foot. Huh

Yur stupid we all know kangaroos are only in Australia and I played thegame in America so its not.
I guess being invisible is a valid feature of the creature because we are dealing with HP Lovercraft horror-type game. You can expect any kind of absurd creatures in this kind of horror.
Pages: 1 2