Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Sewer crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whenever I try to go up that ladder in the Sewer level I crash and the error report says EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Have you tried running as administrator? Or changing write permissions for Amnesia.exe?

Also make sure u have not forced hardware sound card.
(09-11-2010, 09:24 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried running as administrator? Or changing write permissions for Amnesia.exe?

Also make sure u have not forced hardware sound card.

Hm, it worked when I deleted the hpl text file, weird. Huh

Tack ändå för hjälpen!
I have the same problem. climb the stairs and the game closes and says the black box says EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. Sorry to my english is bad

[attachment=556]
(09-12-2010, 11:49 AM)miliy Wrote: [ -> ]I have the same problem. climb the stairs and the game closes and says the black box says EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. Sorry to my english is bad

For me it worked to delete the hpl.txt file in the Documents/Amnesia folder. I deleted it cause I was gonna try to crash it again so I could get a new crash report. But then when I had deleted it, the game didn't crash. Try it for yourself if you want to.
Hmm .. tried. deleted ... and that is ... level loaded. mystic .. thanks for the help.
I get a similar crash, but when walking into the sewer (just past the pipe that's dripping oil). It crashes when I walk by the pipe.

What I did to not make it crash: crouch, look down and walk backward. This worked. Undecided