Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia.exe is not responding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just downloaded Amnesia: The Dark Descent a couple days ago and have not been able to get it running.

Every time I run either the Amnesia.exe or go through the settings launcher and run through there I always get a loading screen as if it's starting and then I get the classic "not responding" page.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, Also have checked cache. My graphics card is up to date and I've even tried deleting Amnesia.exe and renaming Launcher.exe to Amnesia.exe and still the same "not responding" page.

I played this years ago with no problem and a few months ago with little to no problem.
I've searched everywhere online for this issue and just get old posts that were apparently solved through randomness.

I've tried absolutely everything and feel helpless.

Okay so apparently it was my Xbox controller I had plugged in via USB. I somehow missed the post last night that said controllers and some game pads interfere with it.

I tried deleting this entire post but wasn't allowed to or something? I didn't have permission.

Anyways, problem solved. UNPLUG YOUR CONTROLLER