Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Some Language Questions...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

- Which languages are planned for Overture?
- Is there some spoken language in the game, or just in the introduction?
- Will unicode be supported?
- Has the translation already started?
- Do you have already a translator for German ? :-)

Thanks, you're just cool ;-)
"- Which languages are planned for Overture?"
We will try to support the major European ones: English, French, German and Spanish at a minimum. I can not answer this qith 100% though since alot of translation might not be done by us.

"- Is there some spoken language in the game, or just in the introduction?"
There is voice acting ingame.

"- Will unicode be supported?"
Not at release.

"- Has the translation already started?"
Nope.

"- Do you have already a translator for German ? :-)"
We will be looking for people when and if the time comes. So keep your eyes open if you are interested Wink

Thanks for the info!

I'm open for Dutch...

I hate to say this, but I doubt that getting translation for other languges are worth it. Subtitles sure, but voice acting always tends to be horrible compered to the English voices. I don't really see the point of translating to other languges, as that is just extra work.
Just to make things clear, it is highly unlikely that any voice acting will be translated.

I can do a translation into Ukrainian. For free.
I don't know what technical problems you face that unable you to implement unicode, but if you'll manage to do it many translation-related problems will be solved, since many people around the world will be able to make translations to the game by their own.
I have something esle I am working on that should fix all font problems for all languages expcet sign based, ie japanese. Also gonna make font loading faster.

"So keep your eyes open if you are interested" (Thomas)

Still wide open :-)
Landei Wrote:"So keep your eyes open if you are interested" (Thomas)

Still wide open :-)

We are still discussing exactly on how to do the translations for the game. Hopefully we will have more info early january.
Pages: 1 2