Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SOMA - Controls don't work after restoring game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I seem to be having the same issue reported here...

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-31239.html

... though no resolution was posted.

In my case, the controls (mouse and keyboard) work as expected in the menu, but do mostly nothing in-game.

When the game restores, I seem to be in a crouched position. The only keys that do anything are:

- Left Shift, causes the character to stand (only once - then does nothing).
- ESC - returns to the menu.

The mouse does nothing (again, only in-game).

The other thread mentioned that the save file might be interesting to FG, so I've attached it.

Thanks for any input.

Jeff
Do you have any drivers installed or background applications known to cause problems with SOMA running in the background?

A list of these programs can be found under Problem A4 in the Troubleshooting Guide.
(03-15-2016, 06:04 AM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have any drivers installed or background applications known to cause problems with SOMA running in the background?

A list of these programs can be found under Problem A4 in the Troubleshooting Guide.

Thanks for the input. Looking at the list, I do use Avast, though I've *always* used it. I'll try turning it off, though I think it's a long shot.

Also, I'll try to restore a different save file and see how that goes.

If you have other thoughts, I'm listening...