Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Fullscreen and cursor problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card and the latest version of DirectX and OpenAl, but no matter which resolution i use the screen is always cropped.

My cursor is also stuck in top left corner, both when in game and if i alt-tab.

Anyone experienced the same issues and know what to do? Please help, I really want to play Amnesia: The Dark Descent!

Edit: Forgot to add, I can play it in windowed mode and my cursor works fine in the menu, until I start a game. Then I only look straight up and all I can do is spin around while looking upwards.
this post might help you =D, i had the same problem on win7 64 bits

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4090.html
I'm a complete noob so I'm not sure exactly what you mean by changing the display size Tongue did you mean changing my display resolution?
right click on your desktop -> personalize -> display and change it to small or medium
(09-13-2010, 11:53 PM)Moskva Marit Wrote: [ -> ]I've downloaded the latest driver for my graphics card and the latest version of DirectX and OpenAl, but no matter which resolution i use the screen is always cropped.

My cursor is also stuck in top left corner, both when in game and if i alt-tab.

Anyone experienced the same issues and know what to do? Please help, I really want to play Amnesia: The Dark Descent!

Edit: Forgot to add, I can play it in windowed mode and my cursor works fine in the menu, until I start a game. Then I only look straight up and all I can do is spin around while looking upwards.

Exact same thing is happening to me, but I'm running Vista64. The tech support here is as bad as Steam's, so I guess we'll never get to play this game. Oh well...based on all the threads in Tech Support, ATDD is a buggy mess anyway. So much for trying to support indies. :o
(09-26-2010, 08:42 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]did the tips here help?
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4090.html

If they did, we wouldn't be asking for help, would we?
(09-25-2010, 08:16 AM)THWIP71 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well...based on all the threads in Tech Support, ATDD is a buggy mess anyway. So much for trying to support indies. :o

Then how come I finished it four times without any significant bug? After 1.0.1 patch, most of the bugs - which were insignificant to begin with - were disappeared. (ATI Mobility Radeon 4570)

Many people were able to play it from start to end without any crash or so. FG is trying to help as many people they can, while other big developers doesn't mind even to respond (like Silent Hill: Homecoming :/).

Your attitude is really bad. I know I'm not the one to teach you how to behave, but one day someone will.
(09-27-2010, 09:10 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2010, 08:16 AM)THWIP71 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh well...based on all the threads in Tech Support, ATDD is a buggy mess anyway. So much for trying to support indies. :o

Then how come I finished it four times without any significant bug? After 1.0.1 patch, most of the bugs - which were insignificant to begin with - were disappeared. (ATI Mobility Radeon 4570)

Many people were able to play it from start to end without any crash or so. FG is trying to help as many people they can, while other big developers doesn't mind even to respond (like Silent Hill: Homecoming :/).

Your attitude is really bad. I know I'm not the one to teach you how to behave, but one day someone will.

That patch did NOTHING for me, chief. Save your lectures for somebody else. If you "finished it four times", then you must have a really old, outdated rig....XP and all...which is what this game looks to be geared toward.
Wanna know my rig? It's Acer Aspire 5542G:
Windows 7 Professional x64
AMD Athlon II x2 M300 2.0 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570
3 GB RAM

Now you can save your guesses for somebody else.

Again, your problem is your Graphic Card, as many people with that card have issues.
Pages: 1 2