Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Use a table to block the door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

when I was in the room

Spoiler below!
with the dead body I had to get the blood from

I missed the possibility to block the door with the table. Can anyone tell me why this feature has not been implemented in the game(or why they were made not moveable)? I mean in the trailer Daniel ist blocking the door with a table Big Grin Is it possible to activate this feature in game? (Map Editor maybe?)
yeah it is realy strange indeed, cause when this was done in the trailer they forgotten to put it in the real game i guess or they did it on purpose like: objects lying like a readable note on the table will glitch and bug the gameplay....i don't realy know but i guess it has something to do with glitching thing...
it would have made the game a bit too easy i think. you'll miss out on the tension when a monster breaks a door open and starts walking around the room you're in. I've tried blocking doors with chairs and barrels, but it never worked. no guaranteed safety in this game.
(09-15-2010, 12:06 AM)brrrrainz Wrote: [ -> ]it would have made the game a bit too easy i think. you'll miss out on the tension when a monster breaks a door open and starts walking around the room you're in. I've tried blocking doors with chairs and barrels, but it never worked. no guaranteed safety in this game.

IT would have added more tension, in the sense that you know in a very close future some big badass monster is gonna bush that that door, that block wont last, so you just gotta find a way out of that room or hide somewhere. I hpoe they do more like this is the next game. Might as well use the engine for stuff like that.
The whole blocking is made kind of pointless by the fact that monsters have to break doors anyway. I would assume that in earlier versions of the game they could open doors normally and only when blocked they would destroy them. After all in the trailer the monster doesn't need more time to open the blocked door than it needs to destroy one in the final game, so unless they only showed it because it looks cool that seems like the only explanation.
and do you notice that those monsters can play piano but cant open doors wtf? xd
(09-15-2010, 07:20 AM)Trueshott Wrote: [ -> ]and do you notice that those monsters can play piano but cant open doors wtf? xd

Thank god they didn't put Elton John in the game...it would realy scare the shit on my ears and even the monsters would go crazy xD
Ok just wonder, is there a way to make it possible to drag a table? Maybe with the model editor? Just tried around but don't know which option makes an Entitiy movable?!
(09-15-2010, 04:45 AM)nevers Wrote: [ -> ]I would assume that in earlier versions of the game they could open doors normally and only when blocked they would destroy them.
No, some VERY early videos in super_secret.rar shows that even the first version of monsters (temporary one, taken from penumbra) destroys the door.