Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Sneakers and dressed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it just me or is it a lot more finicky to script now? I've been trying to use the

Player_SetFootWear("sneaker");
Player_SetClothing("dressed");

in my map, which is directly copied from the 00_01apartment map but it is just coming up with errors and "sneaker"/"dressed" can't be found anywhere else in the original script.

ERR Message:
Arlington_Concept.hps (78, 2): ERR : No matching signatures to 'Player_SetFootWear(tString)'
Do you have the line #include "helpers/helper_player.hps" at the top of your map's script file?
Hmm, I didn't but now that I've added it there's no footstep or clothing sound at all.
Have you set a soundscape for your environment? It's a bit of a guess, but looking at the sound files the sneaker footstep sounds only have settings for small_room, medium_room, and forest. It could also have something to do with the material for the floor in the apartment room. The livingroom_wood_tiling material that the floor plane uses in the apartment map is set to have a physics material of wood laminate, so that might have something to do with it as well.
Yup, added a soundscape and now it works, thank you.