Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: the 'view' key.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyways as the title says the wiki says press the 'view' key for rotation/etc but my question is..What is the view key by default, any help?
Moving and Looking Around Wrote:All movement and looking will be done using the mouse. In a nutshell, there are three basic movements that can be done, all need the 'view' key to be pressed (default left Alt). When this key is held, the red focus frame will turn yellow. These movements are listed next:

Left Alt
figured it out 5 min ago Tongue thx anyway
I really dont understand how to move properly, with the alt key and mouse its you around a fixed point in the map, how do you move freely about ? :/
(09-15-2010, 01:29 AM)RMJ Wrote: [ -> ]I really dont understand how to move properly, with the alt key and mouse its you around a fixed point in the map, how do you move freely about ? :/

Hold down left alt and mouswheel and then move your mouse^^
(09-15-2010, 01:38 AM)CoolKakashi Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2010, 01:29 AM)RMJ Wrote: [ -> ]I really dont understand how to move properly, with the alt key and mouse its you around a fixed point in the map, how do you move freely about ? :/

Hold down left alt and mouswheel and then move your mouse^^

Haha you are awesome, lol that is the only thing i didn try xD thanks.
How about we make a thread with all this useful information where it all keeps get added to the first post. so other people can find it ?.

Do you happen to know how you copy walls and such, ive seen it done in the timelapse, but i just cant see that he clicks anything to do it, ive found out that a piece of wall or walls becomes red when selected and if you click B, but i cannot find the copy / past button option :S
Ctrl-D to duplicate something.

Is there a way to move vertically. I can use alt-middlemouse to move horizontally, but can't do anything vertically.
You can change the camera mode by clicking of LT, which will allow you to move vertical. Another tip is that you select an object and press F, this will focus on the object and also move the height of the grid to the base of that object. So by using F you can quickly move around in a level and change height too.

You can also duplicate by holding D only and move an object, then it will duplicate as soon as it moves, so really fast for when for example build a wall for a room.
Thanks alot, just what i was looking for, this is gonna help alot.

Thanks for the reply Jens.