Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Help Setting up Dev Environment!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I followed all the instructions on the wiki page about "Setting up Development Environment" and when I start my game, it gets the loading screen which quickly disappears and then the game says, "FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'DWMainDW_Bedroom.map'. What's weird is, in the user_settings.cfg file, I set the Folder="DWMain" and the File="DWBedroom.map", but for some reason it says it can't load 'DWMainDW_Bedroom.map'? That's not the map file's name and and the two commands in the user_settings.cfg are separate like they should be. Where is my "DWMain" folder supposed to be placed? Right now I have it in the main game directory which contains the Amnesia.exe and such.

What's going on? Huh
I don't know how much of this you need to do but I added the full directory (e:\program files(x86)\amnesia - the dark descent\redist\maps\custom\) and made sure to add a \ at the end
In which field did you put your full directory, File or Folder?
(09-15-2010, 01:17 AM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: [ -> ]In which field did you put your full directory, File or Folder?

folder
(09-15-2010, 01:22 AM)swat1cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-15-2010, 01:17 AM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: [ -> ]In which field did you put your full directory, File or Folder?

folder

Hmm, now it says, "Unable to load config file!". Any ideas?
go to your main profile folder and copy the user_settings.cfg file accross, it doesnt make one unless you save something in the options menu
if your folder is in the game directory you should have Folder="DWMain/". It's the missing / at the end that's causing it to fail. I had that problem after folloing the wiki guide.
Can one of you guys paste what both your main_settings.cfg and user_settings.cfg files look like inside? Both your suggestions still didn't make it work for some reason...
Can anyone help me by pasting what their 2 files for the Development Setup looks like? I would really appreciate it!
I finally got it to work.

Take your DWMain folder and put it into Amnesia\maps directory. then your map will load Smile

It should look like this in youre settings:
<Map File="DW_Bedroom.map" Folder="DWMain/"

The / is very important at the end of folder name.
Ok, so I found it out on my own! Don't create a separate folder for your map, place your map inside "maps/main" and then it works! Oh and don't forget to remove anything from the Folder="" field in your user_settings.cfg.
Pages: 1 2