Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: my level :-|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remaking E1M1 from doom to figure this thing out some. got the first couple of rooms partway done. took too long butim getting faster now. amnesia wouldnt let me take printscrons so uh heres a downloade if you wanna look. couldnt figure out how to do that slightly lower area in the middle so its all flat atm. would appreciate anyones tips on how to achieve that w. default assets (theres no small steps i can find.
Download latest: http://www.mediafire.com/?k8gp9pbuk8b6obn
The first room doesn't look like the original, but the second was epic!
i need to figure out how to do that low down blue part. and id like to do the secrets but idk if its really possible to make an outdoors area like that. and if im getting that much into it i should prob restart and make an actual fun game instead
You can do a small step down by building it with planes. So you have the main plane for the floor, then you do vertical plane that is 0.25 (or whatever you like) tall, that meets the bottom floor located 0.25 below the main floor.

Doing the outside part from doom would be easy, you can add a skybox to the level, this is in the level settings in the level editor. To begin with you can set a simple color value as a skybox.

To take screens in Amnesia you use F8.
Ah cool i diddnt know if sky was possible. thanks for replying its really cool getting input from the guys that actually made the game.
did a lil bit more on this level. Gonna just keep making this thing untill i come up with aa good story to tell instead. basically just 2 room and a detail pass left. maybe outside also.
http://www.mediafire.com/?k8gp9pbuk8b6obn
Hey, that was really fun! But could you make the music loop, and there is a bug with the texture in the last room:
[Image: amnesiascreenshot003.th.jpg]
the bug is in my motivation. i diddnt get rount to building them walls yet
here's a FUNNY pic.. and Please Viewer Discretion is ADVISED.. Tongue

Having fun with PIGGY here..
ahaha oh god its my fault that exists isn't it