Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Invalid Save Syntax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was adding the SetMapDisplayNameEntry code to all the maps in my mod and trying out the save functions and when I exited the game and restarted it and tried to use the Load Game function, instead of the level names appearing, it just says Invalid Save Syntax but however if I load the file, it will load the map of the most recent save and everything will work as usual. I'll like to solve this for handiness sake for players.
Oh I thought you meant that the save itself failed to load. How's your script/lang file?
No errors from the script of the map or anything thing like that. I'm pretty sure the .lang file is alright since I did put the level names under the Levels category in the .lang file.
Yes but could you show it? Perhaps it's using something that cannot be used for that purpose, but would otherwise not be illegal in terms of syntax.
The name for a save needs to be pulled from the "Levels" category in your .lang file.
Make sure you're not just typing it in... that's not how you do it.
(04-06-2016, 11:33 AM)Spelos Wrote: [ -> ]The name for a save needs to be pulled from the "Levels" category in your .lang file.
Make sure you're not just typing it in... that's not how you do it.

Yeah I know I just said it in the post above......

EDIT: Heres how it appears in the game.
Spoiler below!
[Image: KNyQj4E.png]

Here how it appears in the actual Amnesia Save Documents.
Spoiler below!
[Image: u06rlAg.png]
It looks like you're using Space or special characters like "_". I guess that's probably not allowed.
Does it work if you change the name to just one simple word?
Yep that solved the problem! Thanks!