Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Just finished Amnesia and....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just finished Amnesia, absolutely loved it.

I've heard Black Plague is by far the best Penumbra game... I've never played any others. Would it be a bad idea to jump right into Black Plague, or should I play the others first?
You should play Overture first, then Black Plague and then maybe chill a little in reqiuem
Requiem is the first one, right?

I've just heard the other ones are so much better that I'd feel a little "eh" going through two okay games just to play one excellent one
Requiem is the last one. It's first Penumbra: Overture, then Black Plague, then Requiem.

I think you should play them in order, and perhaps skip Requiem. It's more of a pure puzzle game and not much horror, but it's good at what it does and quite challenging.
You MUST play overture, it's doubleplusgood! I believe it is free now too?

You won't get the full BP experience if you don't. Don't even play the demo, it kinda ruined part of it for me.
Agreed that you MUST play Overture first then Black Plague, it isn't a sequel for nothing. Requiem doesn't seem that much necessary to me unless you're craving for more puzzles, but anyway you should just buy the collection ;p
Black Plague would lose a bit of its scariness if you play it first because of its references to Overture you wouldn't understand without playing it.

I mainly mean the
Spoiler below!
dogs
Gonna start with Overture tonight ...

still have to finish Amnesia though ...
i agree with nofsky
Requiem is the last one. It's first Penumbra: Overture, then Black Plague, then Requiem.

I think you should play them in order, and perhaps skip Requiem. It's more of a pure puzzle game and not much horror, but it's good at what it does and quite challenging.
You'd think people would understand that Penumbra: OVERTURE is the first game.
Pages: 1 2 3 4