Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Marketing for Amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel that Amnesia was poorly marketed and should have a second run at a release. This release should focus on the extremely positive critical feedback received as well as feedback from individual gamers. An example would be to have a short 30-second promo with quotes interwoven such as the following:
"One of the scariest games in recent memory." - IGN
"Incredibly terrifying" -Computergames.ro
"Nightmarishly, unrelentingly scary" -Adventuregamers.com
"...by far the best horror game we've played." -Gamerlimit
"An experience you won't soon forget" -ElderGeek.com
"Absolute fear... Unforgettable" -Gameobserver
"Goosebumps guaranteed" -4players.de

As a gamer, such quotes would instantly pique my interest and I would investigate further. Finding that such a game only cost US$20, a purchase is not that far-fetched. I don't see any such mention of critical feedback in any type of advertisements or even descriptions of the game.

FORUM DENIZENS:
How do you think Frictional could increase the number of sales of their CURRENT product (do not suggest modifications to the game). I feel that this talented group of individuals deserve runaway success and not the moderate success that they've been afforded. All that they need is *consumer awareness*.

Anyways --

Much love.
Getting a retail release (cd) out in the States would do wonders.
please stop plastering my house with amneisa flyers i already bought the gane. i dont care what gaygamer,net have to say about it.. just stop. i think i hurt one of yuor guys trying to get them to stop but the otheres arnt helping him they just carry on pasting up more posters. he is bleeding all over my lawn send help. beep
I don't know the statistics about the customers who bought this game, but I think Frictional Games deservers more money.
Just think about their absolutely great customer service if anyone has a problem with the game (like Thomas, who bought another GPU just for making the game playable for a few ppl like me!).
I hope there will be a lot more people who buy their games.Wink