Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Quick question...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does the "extra_english.lang" file automatically get read and used by the objects and such from your mod when it's in it's correct folder? If not, how exactly do I go about making it be the language file to be referred to and not the standard "english.lang"?

Thanks...
It does automatically read it, if you are running the map from your Custom Stories section of the main menu. Playing the map using the "dev environment" will not read the extra_english.lang file since it's taking it from mymaps instead of custom_stories.
Ok that's good to know, thanks for your reply!
(09-20-2010, 10:00 PM)Armored Cow Wrote: [ -> ]It does automatically read it, if you are running the map from your Custom Stories section of the main menu. Playing the map using the "dev environment" will not read the extra_english.lang file since it's taking it from mymaps instead of custom_stories.

Yeah, that's quite annoying. You have to play your map via Custom Stories to get those extra entries.
That's something the developers should change in case they do an update. Tongue
Sorry for dig up an older post but i have an problem with the extra lang file. The game ignore the file.

The file is in my custom story folder, not in the custom story folder and not in an subfolder. The file name is corect, "extra_english.lang".

The Text
Quote:<LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">Unknown</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_Key1">Room Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_Key1">The Room Key to open you Room Door</Entry>
</CATEGORY
</LANGUAGE>

I placed a key in my map, gave him the name Key1 and set in "CustomSubItemTypeName" Key1.

Now I start Amnesia without any dev function, go on custom storys, click on my story to start. I pick up the key and look inside my inventory. The key have no name and no disc. What happent? Huh

And yes, the game ignores the custom story disc in the lang file, too.

Its confusing and I do not know what's wrong.
Look at the second last line. You are missing a > at </CATEGORY
Little mistakes make the whole file broken.
Just wrote a small application to validate XML files. You can use it if you run into problems again.

http://www.amnesia.treesoft.dk/downloads...idator.exe
Oh jesus .... *face palme* Dodgy
Sorry guys and thanks for the help