Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Small question about names.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have this key and it works but whenever I pick it up it says:

"Picked up"

How do I make it so it says e.g. key?
I think, but I am not certain, you have to link the item's name and description through your extra_english.lang file like this:

(does not include everything just that specific category)

Code:
<CATEGORY Name ="Inventory">
            <Entry Name="ItemName_Key01">Secret Key</Entry>
            <Entry Name="ItemDesc_Key01">A very SECRET key!"</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

Not sure about this since I have not tried it myself; but Journals/Notes/Diaries and most Texts is written in this file I would imagine same goes for items.

Then maybe use the function
SetInventoryMessage(string &asTextCategory, string &asTextEntry, float afTime);
or something.
You don't have to enter anything in the script, just fill in the field in the level editor. Tongue
[Image: customkey.jpg]

CellarKey would be replaced by Key01 in your example.

[edit]By script I am refering to:
(09-21-2010, 07:25 PM)Placeable Wrote: [ -> ]Then maybe use the function
SetInventoryMessage(string &asTextCategory, string &asTextEntry, float afTime);
or something.
Oh that is MUCH easier. You can set description for the item as well? Too lazy to look for myself >_>
I don't know whether I get you right, but there is no way around adding entries to the extra_english.lang

Code:
<CATEGORY Name ="Inventory">
            <Entry Name="ItemName_Key01">This is the name you see when you pick the item up and is also used as title in the inventory</Entry>
            <Entry Name="ItemDesc_Key01">This is the item description you see in the inventory</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
Oh nevermind! I get it now, thought the CustomSubItemTypeName was the actual name the item would get but that filter IS the link to the extra_english.lang. Crystal clear.
Thanks Big Grin