Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: thanks frictional dudes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just finished the game, absolutely loved it. I was a huge penumbra fan and I feel like Amnesia was even better.
It's an excellent game and I thoroughly enjoyed it, its definitely going down as one of my top games. I'm recommending it to everyone I can, friends, colleagues and gaming forums I hang out on. Frictional have breathed life back into what was a dying genre and for the first time in a LONG time had me feeling, unnerved, helpless and very uncomfortable, something more recent horror games struggle to accomplish. Personal preference of course but I prefer the setting of Amnesia to the Penumbra games. Old creaking doors, candles, lanterns, stone and elaborate carpentry, for some reason I'm drawn to these things when it comes to horror.

I'm actually quite sad the experience is over, not being able to come home from work and be scared witless at 2am anymore =( . I'm not complaining about the length, I really just want more! Very much looking forward to anything coming from Frictional in the future.
(09-22-2010, 01:30 AM)Blackhand Wrote: [ -> ].....Personal preference of course but I prefer the setting of Amnesia to the Penumbra games. Old creaking doors, candles, lanterns, stone and elaborate carpentry, for some reason I'm drawn to these things when it comes to horror....

Me too, I hope the next one is the same sort of setting.
I want to come home from work and escape modern life not be reminded of it. A Gothic setting with old creaky floored manors, cold dark castles and dank cellars and sewers built before modern times, makes the game for me regardless of how many times it's portrayed.

I've played around with the modern warfare type games or the nuclear aftermath game with zombies etc., but I never can finish them as I lose the interest, but give me a game with castles and dungeons and I'll play for ages.