Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Something I'm missing about using script files?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, so I have a map that I saved in the custom_stories folder, called "my_first.map". I created a basic HPS file for it ("my_first.HPS"), saved in the same location, but it does not actually do anything.

For reference, this is what my HPS looks like--it's the tutorial one in the wiki:
Quote:void OnStart()
{
//Add the Lantern and 10 Tinderboxes when in Debug mode, always good to have light!
if(ScriptDebugOn())
{
GiveItemFromFile("lantern", "lantern.ent");

for(int i=0;i<10;i++) GiveItemFromFile("tinderbox_"+i, "tinderbox.ent");
}
}

////////////////////////////
// Run when entering map
void OnEnter()
{

}

// Run when leaving map
void OnLeave()
{

}
It doesn't work, and my dev environment has been properly set up. I'm assuming you need to place a script area--or SOMETHING--in the map to get it to access the script, but I'm at a loss, and the wiki hasn't clarified it for me. I'm sure the answer will be face-palm inducing, but any assistance would be appreciated.
(09-22-2010, 11:55 PM)graykin Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so I have a map that I saved in the custom_stories folder, called "my_first.map". I created a basic HPS file for it ("my_first.HPS"), saved in the same location, but it does not actually do anything.

For reference, this is what my HPS looks like--it's the tutorial one in the wiki:
Quote:void OnStart()
{
//Add the Lantern and 10 Tinderboxes when in Debug mode, always good to have light!
if(ScriptDebugOn())
{
GiveItemFromFile("lantern", "lantern.ent");

for(int i=0;i<10;i++) GiveItemFromFile("tinderbox_"+i, "tinderbox.ent");
}
}

// Run when entering map
void OnEnter()
{

}

// Run when leaving map
void OnLeave()
{

}
It doesn't work, and my dev environment has been properly set up. I'm assuming you need to place a script area--or SOMETHING--in the map to get it to access the script, but I'm at a loss, and the wiki hasn't clarified it for me. I'm sure the answer will be face-palm inducing, but any assistance would be appreciated.

Are you sure you turned on script debugging?
Aye, script debugging is indeed on.
So when the map starts you do not have a lantern nor 10 tinderboxes? You load the correct level and it does not complain about anything? Post the hpl.log after having launched the level
Aha! I got it!

I decided to check the hpl.log myself, and discovered the cause. Like I thought, it was something stupid I forgot to do (namely, save both the HPS and the map file in the "maps" folder of "redist"). I wouldn't have thought to check the log myself had you not mentioned it, so thank you Jens for your assistance. Big Grin
What ''redist''? I don't have that specific folder in my whole computer (i'm having steam version)
My map and script file are in ''amnesia the dark descent\\maps\\My maps and it still doesn't work. I have checked everything.
(09-24-2010, 12:52 PM)Nippew Wrote: [ -> ]What ''redist''? I don't have that specific folder in my whole computer (i'm having steam version)
My map and script file are in ''amnesia the dark descent\\maps\\My maps and it still doesn't work. I have checked everything.

Steam version has no redist folder.
So how can i make my scripts on maps working?
put everything where amnesia.exe is, this is somewhat your redist folder( i read that on the wiki i think)
Still no affect. Has anybody even here managed to get it working on steam version?
Pages: 1 2