Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Set Entity active for areas?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that you can have areas start as disabled. Would there be a way to activate them once a player picks up a certain item? I was looking for a SetAreaActive function but I only saw a SetEntityActive, would that work instead?
Hehe, I have a post on the exact thing a few threads down the forum. Doesn't seem like many people know, I haven't gotten a response and I posted mine hours ago.
On a side note... I've been gettin this weird error and I don't see a problem with my code. It says unexpected file ending as the error. It doesn't give me the error when I take out a bit of code that's not even at the end. Does that mean there's too much code? Even if that were the case, my hps file is not even close to as big as one map in the actual game. So confused.
Cancel that.. I'm an idiot, rofl. Sometimes those {} brackets seem like they're there when they're not... damn if statements!
You use setentityactive to set areas active
Thanks! This will save me time knowing that it will work before doing it.
Yeah, but look at what I wrote in theDARKW0LF's thread:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid37756