Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: 2010-09 Thursday 23rd, Amnesia: The Dark Descent updated to 1.0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Today we have released a patch for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The main reason for the update is to make sure the Radeon X1000 Series of cards work as intended. We have also included a whole bunch of other fixes and changes, check our support page for me specific information.

While at it the tools for making custom stories has also been updated to make use of the changes. So far the tools have spurred interest beyond what we anticipated, if interested to see what's cooking check the forum.

(09-23-2010, 03:17 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]

Today we have released a patch for Amnesia: The Dark Descent. The main reason for the update is to make sure the Radeon X1000 Series of cards work as intended. We have also included a whole bunch of other fixes and changes, check our support page for me specific information.

While at it the tools for making custom stories has also been updated to make use of the changes. So far the tools have spurred interest beyond what we anticipated, if interested to see what's cooking check the forum.

great work guys ^^!
Great work! Thank you, FG.

The patch fixed a list of founded bugs.
I have tested the glitch in first level when you climbed over the stones and see through the top. Now you cant see through it.

I will be happy, if some new features will be implemented in further versions.
I remember the scary-gameplay-trailer where the girl is crying everytime.
This voices has been very scary but you have deleted it in the retail game?
There is only one file named "02_girl_no.ogg" which is played in the entrance hall.
But in the trailer are much more voices of that girl. I missed that really!
Can you built in the deleted sounds again?
And a look-at-camera in scary scenes will be great too.
I mean in the archives is a monster walking around an edge and you only see it if you manually move the mouse on that position. You see it only a second and if you dont that, you only hear the monster but it will be great, if you immediately see that.

And I have missed the table, that you have to move in front of the door, that a monster can not pursuit you through the door - was in the trailer too. OK that will be not able to implement by a new patch but some sounds or new effects will be great and I wanted to hear the deleted sounds that you can hear in the trailer. I loved that really!

The End of Amnesia was very strange too. That was not Amnesia-like. Too much futuristic effects and magic.

And can anyone of you playing the game with a 128 SSAO-Filter?
(09-23-2010, 06:47 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]I remember the scary-gameplay-trailer where the girl is crying everytime.
This voices has been very scary but you have deleted it in the retail game?
There is only one file named "02_girl_no.ogg" which is played in the entrance hall.
But in the trailer are much more voices of that girl. I missed that really!
Can you built in the deleted sounds again?
OK that will be not able to implement by a new patch but some sounds or new effects will be great and I wanted to hear the deleted sounds that you can hear in the trailer. I loved that really!
Uhm, obsess much? Tongue
Spoiler below!
I'd comment more about what you said, but I don't think it is my place to talk down to a fellow gamer and his feelings about a girl screaming.

On a more positive note, Yay! Update! Big Grin
EDIT: Well, actually... Is this a Windows only update? I can't find anything about an update for the Linux/Mac versions. If this is the case, it might do you good to indicate that in your posts? >.>
Guyz, I recently got a copy of Amnesia on steam, courtesy of a generous friend. Just finished downloading the game and wanted to ask whether the update will be released for the game on steam or will we have to apply it manually.

Waiting for your reply. I can't wait to play the game Big Grin..
Please use version numbers on your tools releases to avoid confusion Smile
(09-24-2010, 02:56 AM)jDk Wrote: [ -> ]Guyz, I recently got a copy of Amnesia on steam, courtesy of a generous friend. Just finished downloading the game and wanted to ask whether the update will be released for the game on steam or will we have to apply it manually.

"If you have bought the game on for example Steam, use Steam to update the game."
I would like to know the answer to the above question as well - this wording confused me a tad.

Very happy to see a patch, though. Smile
(09-24-2010, 04:08 AM)Hazy Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-24-2010, 02:56 AM)jDk Wrote: [ -> ]Guyz, I recently got a copy of Amnesia on steam, courtesy of a generous friend. Just finished downloading the game and wanted to ask whether the update will be released for the game on steam or will we have to apply it manually.

"If you have bought the game on for example Steam, use Steam to update the game."
I would like to know the answer to the above question as well - this wording confused me a tad.

Very happy to see a patch, though. Smile

If it doesn't autopatch when you run the game, right click on Amnesia in your game list, go under Properties, select 'Local Files' and 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'. It will come back saying 'x% of the files are corrupt' and will then download the new patched files.
Still waiting for the steam patch!? What's the hold-up, please? Confused
(09-24-2010, 06:48 PM)Mephisto Wrote: [ -> ]Still waiting for the steam patch!? What's the hold-up, please? Confused

I am d/ling something for the game maybe its the patch
Pages: 1 2