Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Motion blur in Amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found out when playing amnesia, that the motion blur is gone. (the kind of blur that you get when you're turning around really fast. --Example--) I thought this gave a nice realistic feeling in Penumbra. So why remove it in Amnesia?

Also, could there be a way to activate it manually?
I've asked this multiple times but received no reply. Perhaps the devs were a little sad that they didn't use it?
(09-26-2010, 01:03 AM)Lee Wrote: [ -> ]I've asked this multiple times but received no reply. Perhaps the devs were a little sad that they didn't use it?

They could always release it in a future patch or something?
(09-25-2010, 09:59 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: [ -> ]I found out when playing amnesia, that the motion blur is gone. (the kind of blur that you get when you're turning around really fast. --Example--) I thought this gave a nice realistic feeling in Penumbra. So why remove it in Amnesia?

Huh?

You have "Trails" option disabled in Video options tab?
I had thought that was just another of the many insanity effects. I don't remember noticing it when sane, but it was definitely there when I started losing my sanity.

(In the game, of course). >.>
(09-26-2010, 01:06 PM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-25-2010, 09:59 PM)Leon Kennedy Wrote: [ -> ]I found out when playing amnesia, that the motion blur is gone. (the kind of blur that you get when you're turning around really fast. --Example--) I thought this gave a nice realistic feeling in Penumbra. So why remove it in Amnesia?

Huh?

You have "Trails" option disabled in Video options tab?

I don't think that's the same effect as motion blur. All settings are maxed out, and i didn't notice any motion blur.
Imagetrail != motion blur. Imagetrail is ugly and not motion blur.
Well...
I hate both, because they make the final image blurry. Disgusting.
I liked Penumbra's smooth motion blur. I don't like Amnesia's. Imagetrail is bad. I have it off.
I can't believe there's people who like motion blur. It's the worst thing that happened to gaming
Pages: 1 2