Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Unused Acid [SPOILERS]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After collecting all required chemicals and making the pot of acid.. when I opened the Refinery door to use the acid on the obstacle.. the obstacle had already disappeared..

Now I still have the entry in my Journal about dissolving the obstacle and still have a full pot of acid in my Inventory that I can't empty..

Especially tricky seeing as I now need that pot to be empty so that I can use it to hold the explosive liquid in the Storage room.. Confused

Any help would be appreciated.. something caused by the recent patch perhaps? Shy
(09-25-2010, 11:50 PM)Kuni Wrote: [ -> ]Any help would be appreciated.. something caused by the recent patch perhaps? Shy

That's actually quite possible.
Maybe'll Thomas / Jens could have a word on this.
I'm afraid you need to load earlier save.
...but then again, it's just me.
(09-26-2010, 12:43 AM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid you need to load earlier save.
...but then again, it's just me.

You're probably right.. but I don't think I have an autosave going back that far now >.<
There's savegames for every level. Tongue
(09-26-2010, 04:17 PM)Scraper Wrote: [ -> ]There's savegames for every level. Tongue

The earliest save game I have in my list is in the Study and that is quite a while after making my way past the Refinery obstacle.. any other ideas?
Solved my own problem Tongue

With a minor bit of hacking and snooping around inside the save files and Amnesia graphics folders I was able to empty out my chemical container full of acid to create the original empty container Big Grin
Update No. 3

Okay.. so not entirely solved my own problem.. I can make it so that I have the empty container in my Inventory or even the container filled with explosive.. but when I try to use either item (either to fill the empty container or place the explosive at the cave-in) then it tells me that the item cannot be used here.. Huh

Any help from the developers would be greatly appreciated!
I have hit the same issue. I am not really up for restarting the game since the earliest save I have is past the point where I had gotten into the Refinery without using the acid.
I completed the game on 1.0. Everything was fine.
Now I'm playing again on the newest patch and I got the same problem with the acid. Also my framerate seems to be worse.
I have a possible solution for the devs.

To the Early Alchemy Experiment notes, add ``The solution is highly acid and is not useful for any other purpose other than a detergent or a possible makeshift use as the primary component of an explosive,'' and then make the pot of acid plus the secondary result in the explosive.

Or, ``When mixed with the primary component of an explosive, an unknown enzyme will convert the mixture into pure primary,'' and then have primary plus acid pot equal primary pot.
Same thing happened to me. Now I can't progress to make the explosive cause I got a pot full of acid.
Pages: 1 2