Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can Someone Make a Silent Hill-esque Menu For Me?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...For a full conversion mod that's modern and is inspired by Silent Hill. I need the interfaces for the inventory screen, journal, main menu all changed to a rustic and sickadelic look Silent Hill look. If someone is talented enough to make one for me (which I know there probably is), help me out here. If it's a lot of work I'm willing to pay.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 9R5nq0V.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 9MBvtfs.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: 61b7uv2.png]
I don't think it's possible in Amnesia to do it exactly like this, but somewhat of a similar theme should be possible. What I see to be challenging would be the different positions of items here. I think Amnesia's inventory is limited to a grid system for items, meaning you can only keep them in an X by X fashion. Spacing them out like this isn't possible from what I can think of.

Basically this includes Bag, Pockets, Quick Select (+ the actions menu) as challenges. You can, however, combine them into 1 section, which might still be desirable. Current Objective might also be a challenge as that data is normally not kept in the inventory, but perhaps fetchable in a way.

Item Description and Notes area should be fine.

As for the visual design, might be possible, but again maybe not to this extent. Not sure if putting a full background is possible.
Are you offering to help me out or are you just giving advice?
I could attempt it if I find time, but no guarantee of what I'll manage.
This is what I've got so far and I don't think I can get much more than this done due to limitations.
Spoiler below!
[Image: SsPQFi6.jpg]
Dude I thought it's impossible to come even close to that ! Awesome
(05-20-2016, 04:58 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I've got so far and I don't think I can get much more than this done due to limitations.
Spoiler below!

WOAH! That looks amazing! I think it would be easier if we take this on Skype, if you want. I have a few little suggestions. Big Grin

(Just pm)
(05-20-2016, 04:58 PM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I've got so far and I don't think I can get much more than this done due to limitations.
Spoiler below!

YOU NEVER FAIL TO IMPRESS ME, MAESTRO
This was what I ended up with:

[Image: 8Q3yVWS.jpg]
Holy fudge this is awesome.
Although in the final version you might want to add better textures to notes, flashlight and health. The cursor doesn't really fit Mudbill's theme as well, but altogether still very cool.
This most likely uses a full conversion ?
Pages: 1 2