Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia Atlantis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys this is my first time using forums on this site but i just had to let you know about this great story to make with the Amnesia editor.
As you can tell from the title the theme is Atlantis, you know under water city and all that stuff but what im trying to do is make a game with the editor set in Atlantis.

Reasons why i think it would be great:
* Atlantis has not realy been done that much in video games as far as i can tell.
* imagine what we could do with the setting of atlantis plus amnesia's ****ing scary Sad gameplay.
* keep the same year as amnesia say 1780 - 1790's im not realy sure but have them find atlantis.

Story: ((Im not to sure yet and im always open for options so if you can be any help please let me know.))
Year 1780-90
A group of English men set sail from england to (im not sure yet) but sailed into a huge storm the boat sinks and the men are trapped inside as it sinks to the sea bed.
water leaking in fast and quickly running out of air they break there way out of the hole of the ship see what looks like a small cave its there only hope for survival.(and yes it is a cave with oxygen in)
after getting into the cave you notice that the overs are not there you wait for hours untill you decide to explore the cave only finding its not a cave at all but more of a door way
your main goal would be to find away back to the surface and well you get the idea

and NO befor anyways says thats like Bioshock, trust me it realy wont be you will have no weapons hardly any light and you will never know whats waiting inside the next wet dark room

NEED HELP WITH THIS MOD PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!!! THANKS

ALSO IV POSTED THIS FORUM ON STEAM'S SITE ASWELL
I think that sounds like a great idea!
Using water is somewhat annoying in the editor. However, it is a cool idea, so good luck.
(10-03-2010, 02:46 AM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: [ -> ]Using water is somewhat annoying in the editor. However, it is a cool idea, so good luck.

thanks il try my best Smile
This sounds really awesome, but I doubt it's doable with Amnesia's engine.
Good luck! Smile
A scary, no weapons version of Bioshock. I cannot explain how awesome that sounds. Now replace the grunt model with a Big Daddy, lol. I know you said you were doing Atlantis and not Bioshock but that would be awesome.

Anyway, Good luck!
(10-03-2010, 02:53 AM)blue eyed dragon Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2010, 02:46 AM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: [ -> ]Using water is somewhat annoying in the editor. However, it is a cool idea, so good luck.

thanks il try my best Smile

Well, you wouldn't -really- have to use water, just a custom transparent model, maybe with a texture animation. That would be much easier than wrestling with the water functions in Amnesia's editor.
I actually had a similar idea some time ago(had written a script for it, which goes up to Day 4 in the story, and was meaning to create the game in Adventure Game Studio), but instead of the ship sinking, it just crashed, forcing the people in the ship to get to a nearby island, set up camp there, and then explore the island, find out that a native tribe existed there(which disappeared some time ago) and eventually that there is a underwater city under the island, all while fending to mysterious occurences like crew disappearing.
Originally I had planned this for a Cthulhu-mythos based RPG but then I decided to make a full script for it(well, it's still partially unfinished and I don't have it on this computer but I do know how it ends and what role the city plays in the story).

I could actually help you with this, since our ideas are somewhat similar and now that I managed to get Amnesia working(installed drivers properly) I shouldn't have any major problems. I haven't delved much into the tools yet as I just bought Amnesia. Undecided
Another great idea! I always thought the best part of Bioshock was the concept (huge, underwater city... so many places you can go with that!). If you can take that concept and make it with Amnesia-quality tension, this could be incredible.
(10-04-2010, 11:43 AM)Zuker12 Wrote: [ -> ]I actually had a similar idea some time ago(had written a script for it, which goes up to Day 4 in the story, and was meaning to create the game in Adventure Game Studio), but instead of the ship sinking, it just crashed, forcing the people in the ship to get to a nearby island, set up camp there, and then explore the island, find out that a native tribe existed there(which disappeared some time ago) and eventually that there is a underwater city under the island, all while fending to mysterious occurences like crew disappearing.
Originally I had planned this for a Cthulhu-mythos based RPG but then I decided to make a full script for it(well, it's still partially unfinished and I don't have it on this computer but I do know how it ends and what role the city plays in the story).

I could actually help you with this, since our ideas are somewhat similar and now that I managed to get Amnesia working(installed drivers properly) I shouldn't have any major problems. I haven't delved much into the tools yet as I just bought Amnesia. Undecided

Dude... please make this! Pwetty pwease?!

Anyways, underwater city with Amnesia gameplay would be awesome!
Pages: 1 2 3