Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: New items same height?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What I've noticed whilst using the editor is...

I make a map on like the default height, and then I want to make something like a... basement.

But each time I want to make a floor, I have to lower it.
It doesn't take that long, but if you want to make a big map, on a lower height than normal, it could save time to just set a default height.

Is there any way to do this?

Please help, thanks in advance.

Vincent.
Near the left bottom of the level editor, there is a small "spin edit box" named "Height". The value defaults to 0, but you can set the height of the grid. For placing the planes, set the grid bellow zero and place your basement stuff. Then get back the grid level to zero(or higher) and place the upper floors stuff and even the ceiling.
You could instead raise the height of what you know will be a small above-ground floor, so that the default spawn for floors is now the basement.
(10-06-2010, 08:06 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]You could instead raise the height of what you know will be a small above-ground floor, so that the default spawn for floors is now the basement.

Makes no sense.
Just set the default height to what you want.