Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Running the editor and game concurrently crashes both?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I started working with Amnesia I was able to run the editor and the game side by side, this made testing out maps a lot less painless. But now for some reason when I start either the game or the editor first, then start the game or the editor after it, the one started afterwards crashes. I haven't made any changes to my computer or anything significant since this problem started happening so I'm not entirely sure why this is happening.

At first they crash with the "Renderer #0 could not be initialized" error and then black box comes up with a crash log.

I've also made sure to close down all background programs baring steam, since amnesia has to launch from it.

Does anyone know of a possible fix for this?
(10-14-2010, 05:33 AM)mastersmith98 Wrote: [ -> ]At first they crash with the "Renderer #0 could not be initialized" error and then black box comes up with a crash log.

Post that crash log please.
That is not a common occurrence as far as I know, and I have no problems of the sort myself. Post the log for the editor/game's crashing, but in the mean time, I will cover the universal solution. I will assume you have tried a computer restart?
I got it back up and running after deleting the config files and restarting twice. It's strange that it started working the second time.