Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Script question regarding UI [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is possible to hide the hud icons via scripting? I've done a little cinematic where you have to interact with something then the player can't move but only watch the little cutscene, the problem is that I can't get rid of the hand icon on the interactive object even if the player is not acive.
void ShowPlayerCrossHairIcons(bool abX);

Wink
Thank you, found now on the wiki. I've to remember to doublecheck things before posting Smile.
I have a question regarding a similar problem.

Is there a function to set cinematic lines? Like in a cut-scene where black lines come from the top and bottom of the screen, like a wide screen view.
(01-11-2011, 11:25 AM)Equil Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question regarding a similar problem.

Is there a function to set cinematic lines? Like in a cut-scene where black lines come from the top and bottom of the screen, like a wide screen view.

Frictional actually focused on never using any 'cinematic' devices that take control away from the player, so no.
(01-11-2011, 05:22 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2011, 11:25 AM)Equil Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question regarding a similar problem.

Frictional actually focused on never using any 'cinematic' devices that take control away from the player, so no.

you.... COULD fake it...
It's possible...