Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Steam Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just wondering if anyone could confirm that patch 1.0.1 has been released on Steam, and that the Steam version is compatible with the level editor. Sorry if these are stupid questions, it's just that there are cases when Steam misses out on updates. If someone could confirm this for me I would greatly appreciate it.

P.S. Thankyou Frictional Games for releasing the level editor, it's always great to see developers supporting the creativity of their community.
Never mind. I just bought the game from Steam and its got custom stories in the menu, so I guess that answers my question.
Steam has updated the game long ago, and yeah, it's compatible with level editor.
That's great, but I've just bought it and my graphics card isn't powerful enough to play it. (Noooooooooooo)

Oh well, I'll just have to be patient until I get a new card. Guess this means I won't be having nightmares for a while ; )

Thanks for the reply.
What is your card? I'm pretty sure if it's not Intel you can play game with closing some of the demanding options like SSAO etc.

Also trying to update drivers might help Smile
I'm pretty sure my card is the problem. On the Steam site it says Amnesia requires at least a Radeon 9600, and my card's an old Radeon 3870.

I've also tried decreasing the graphics, and I've got heaps of space on my hard drive.

Thanks for trying to help anyway.
Update the drivers for the graphics card, see more help in the trouble shooting thread stickied in top tech sipport for Amnesia.

A Radeon 9600 is what you call an OLD card, a 3870 is what you call a NEW card Smile 9600 was released in around 2004 and your card is from around 2007 or something like that!
(10-17-2010, 10:49 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]A Radeon 9600 is what you call an OLD card, a 3870 is what you call a NEW card Smile 9600 was released in around 2004 and your card is from around 2007 or something like that!

Don't wish to sound rude or smart-assy, but sadly in these days, the ATI 4 series could be called old. (So especially my 8800 GTX is 'old'.) There are games that I cannot run at full anymore, and I really don't like it when that happens. :x
(10-17-2010, 10:49 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Update the drivers for the graphics card, see more help in the trouble shooting thread stickied in top tech sipport for Amnesia.

A Radeon 9600 is what you call an OLD card, a 3870 is what you call a NEW card Smile 9600 was released in around 2004 and your card is from around 2007 or something like that!

Haha, it's so obvious I'm console gamer, I figured that a 9600 card would have been would have been released way after a 3870. Good news for me, guess I'll update my driver.
Aye, can be really confusing, those numbers. Big Grin nVidia also went from 9xxx series, suddenly to 3 digit series. (GTX295, GTX480, et cetera.) But I guess they just can't add up to the confusion by making 5 digit product labels. Tongue
Pages: 1 2