Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Something to add more immersion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Loving the game and about half way through I think! I was just thinking about ways to immerse yourself in the environment even more, and I think TrackIR would work so well! It works fine with other FPS games like Arma2..Imagine actually moving your head to look around corners..Could be incredible!

What do you guys think?
Well, I'm sure it could be implemented rather easily. It would be a simple matter to bind the lean keys to the movement of your head.

All steam ahead, I say.
And what happens when you jerk your head back suddenly when a ghoulie spots you?
(10-28-2010, 10:13 PM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]And what happens when you jerk your head back suddenly when a ghoulie spots you?

your point of view would change a bit - I've used it in flight sims which have required a lot of movement, it's a very intuitive system! Just a thought, but having your actual head movement relay into the game...I reckon it'd be even more immersive!
Agreed, you should try it out and report back on how it went.
(10-29-2010, 06:21 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed, you should try it out and report back on how it went.

Would love to but it requires programming! Basically it tracks your head through 6 degrees of movement in the real world..very cool but perhaps overkill Big Grin
Dude... that would be the best!

I can imagine it, the character leans as you lean. And if you get closer to the screen the FOV changes accordingly! For me atleast, that would be the epitome of immersion - second only to a neural interface.
Actually I will look into how to program that right now! xD
2 year bump... Now THAT'S impressive.
If he can really mod it into the next HPL version (doubt it's possible with the current one due to its lack of flexibility/ openness), I'll gladly forgive the bump! Wink