Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Major sound stuttering!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded the demo for this game on Steam, and I'm experiencing constant sound stuttering in the main menu as well as in-game. I've tried everything I could find on this forum, including lowering the sound quality on my headphones.

Here's are my specs, if you need them:

Graphics: nVidia Geforce GTX 260
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93 Ghz
RAM: 2 GB

I should also mention that I'm using onboard sound, which I suspect is the cause of this issue, but I'd like confirmation before giving up on this game.
Perhaps your sound drivers are outdated?
(10-29-2010, 03:02 AM)RazTK Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps your sound drivers are outdated?

EDIT: I finally figured out that I need to download the correct drivers from my motherboard manufacturer's website, which I did. I'll see if I can get them installed and the game working.

EDIT 2: It failed to install, and a quick Google search of the error code yields no results.
Maybe you got the wrong drivers. Did you make sure of the model name? Did you uninstall the old ones?
Issue resolved. I managed to successfully install the new drivers after trying the setup again. Everything works! Big Grin

I finished the demo too. This game is amazing. I'm glad I didn't give up! Smile
Glad you got it working. Enjoy the game. :>