Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Youtube: TB playing Amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I bought Amnesia because TotalBiscuit (a Famous Youtube+Podcast Person) from cynicalbrit.com put this great "Let´s Play XY" online. It got 100k views in 2days and I´m sure it had a great influence on the sales combined with the Halloween discounts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snnB8C5sDkY

What are your thoughts on the video?
I think recording someone playing a Horrorgame is always a good Idea.
Seen it too, the water sections were kind o dissapointing tho
(11-01-2010, 04:18 PM)Frontcannon Wrote: [ -> ]Seen it too, the water sections were kind o dissapointing tho

I watched through both parts and I just couldn't get into it.

I suppose I am just not a TotalBiscuiter.
I was fairly disappointed he was refusing to read any text and then getting frustrated when he couldn't figure out the puzzles, such as they were.
Lemme put is simple: this video sucks.
(11-02-2010, 04:57 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: [ -> ]I was fairly disappointed he was refusing to read any text and then getting frustrated when he couldn't figure out the puzzles, such as they were.

Yeah, same here; at some point i just shouted at the screen: "Are you blind? There are 3 parts in your book - just click MEMENTOS already!" But noo...

You see, this is what happens when people think they are too "smart"/old/expirienced to use or profit from basic game mechanics, no matter how well they are done. Many times it's not the game that is bad, it's the player Wink