Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Black Plague demo: infected dead/gone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was in the large corridor with fuse box, my room, the other guys room (carpenter?, he recorded something on a tape) from the demo. I attracted the infected dude and went into the flue (without changing the level) and took a plastic barrel (blue) with me, into the flue. The infected followed me but was unable to get into the flue, so it was patrolling in front of the entrance.
I took the blue barrel and hit the infected with it several times, and than it didn't move any more suddenly, it just stood still. I could stand directly next to it and examine it, it didn't react. I was even able to walk through it and throw obstacles through it.
When left the level and re-entered it in order to see what happened to it, I had the impression that it was totally gone, I checked the corner near the end of the corridor where it usually respawns and also the area where it freezed, but it just wasn't there.

I am not sure whether this is related but the terminal said
sh: ./openurl.sh: not found
AL lib: alBuffer.c:1097: exit() 4 Buffer(s) NOT deleted
some when during my session.
(11-02-2010, 10:41 PM)Matthes Wrote: [ -> ]I was in the large corridor with fuse box, my room, the other guys room (carpenter?, he recorded something on a tape) from the demo. I attracted the infected dude and went into the flue (without changing the level) and took a plastic barrel (blue) with me, into the flue. The infected followed me but was unable to get into the flue, so it was patrolling in front of the entrance.
I took the blue barrel and hit the infected with it several times, and than it didn't move any more suddenly, it just stood still. I could stand directly next to it and examine it, it didn't react. I was even able to walk through it and throw obstacles through it.
When left the level and re-entered it in order to see what happened to it, I had the impression that it was totally gone, I checked the corner near the end of the corridor where it usually respawns and also the area where it freezed, but it just wasn't there.

I am not sure whether this is related but the terminal said
sh: ./openurl.sh: not found
AL lib: alBuffer.c:1097: exit() 4 Buffer(s) NOT deleted
some when during my session.

It seems reproducible to make the Infected gone that way. The second time I tried, it was not turning walk-throughable but it just blocked the way out flue, I quickly switched the levels (and back again) and the Infected seemed totally gone.
Maybe you killed the Infected. Smile
Same thing with me. It's so weird. What happened with me was this: I turn off the power, go into the room with the syringe. I grab the syringe and it comes in the room. He was about the leave but instead, he just stood by the door facing the exit. I was like WTF?!?!? and I quickly threw a flare at him (yeah lol) and still he didn't notice me! He did move around and went back into the room though. I was crouched right behind him (no homo) and my guy started to panic and he STILL DIDN'T NOTICE ME!!! WTF!!!!! Huh

So basically I think it's a problem with the demo since we are both having problems.
it happens sometimes in the full game too.