Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Therapy Dream - Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a custom story of mine that started development a couple of months ago. The last time I made a custom story was back in 2012, or earlier even, but as of recently I felt like making something. So, without even looking back to my other custom stories, I decided that I'll make this as a result. Also decided to post here, since I know there might be a few peeps who might want to play this some day.

Anything you need to know about this CS is located here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/therapy-dream

Oh, and if you're expecting something professional from this, you've come to the wrong person. I'm not that good at this whole CS making deal xD

EDIT: It's out now on Moddb.
I am also working right now on a CS, but I am having some issues. Best of luck Smile !
(12-04-2016, 12:43 PM)PowerPlay Wrote: [ -> ]I am also working right now on a CS, but I am having some issues. Best of luck Smile !

Thx. Hoping to get this done soon xD
Woah what a strange coincidence. Was just browsing through the comments on Slender: Curse of Hope for nostalgias sake and took note of your posting dedication.

Looking forward to giving this a go! :=)
I look forward to the release. I will also do a review of it.
Thanks for the kind responses. Also, I bring some news!

Current release date is pinned on 29th of December, 2016. Unless something goes wrong mid-development, this is the final date Smile
Moddb link in OP if you want to look again.
Just making a post here to warn people. The custom story relies quite heavily on timers, and I just learned that everything callback related is indexed in a 16-bit integer value, so the maximum number of callbacks is about 65535. Because of all the timers I have, when this maximum number's reached, the game will crash with a BlackBox error on the next map load.

I'm trying to reduce the problem, but I can't fix it entirely without redesigning the maps involved. I can't really spare the time for that, with my German courses and all soon. So this particular crash has a probability of occurring to other people if they were to play long enough post-release. I didn't even know this was a thing before, otherwise I'd have done alternatives.

Sorry about that.
Thanks for the update!
(12-28-2016, 04:23 PM)Daniel47 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update!

This was an important one, so I had to xD
Do what you can for now, then if you decide to later on maybe make an update for it do that. I still look forward to it regardless.
Pages: 1 2