Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Broken mementos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scripting mementos are the most cancerous things in Amnesia. Pardon my french.
Please help me out!

HPL: This part works. Journal pic appears at the bottom right when walking through scriptarea!

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ChildrenRoomMemento", "ChildMomento", true, 1.0);

void ChildMomento(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
AddQuest("Memento1", "Quest1");
}

.LANG:

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">

//---Mementos---//
<Entry Name="Quest_Quest1_Text">Perhaps I should go the other way </Entry>
</CATEGORY>

The scripts seems correct to me, but the only thing that appears in the journal is a underscore. I used the .lang from MudBill so I thought that would do the trick, but nope
Okay, so I found out nothing works. Notes, Mementos, Death Hints etc.
Can someone please upload a working English.lang file for me, please?

Thank you
That can't be the entire contents of your lang file.

Does any other text show up? Is everything gone or just the memento?

Edit: Saw your other thread. You should just keep it in here instead, but anyway: Make sure you're using a proper code editor with your file so you don't get weird formatting. Upload your lang?
Merging your two threads because they are pretty much about the same topic.

I'd upload my English.lang, but I'm not home right now. Sorry about that! :c
Just in case you forgot; if you're making a cs you should be using an extra_english.lang, not an english.lang.
Now, if you change the language in-game to something other than english, (If I remember correctly) you won't see any of the entries you put in the english lang file.
If this is indeed a full conversion mod and you need a clean english.lang you can take the one from the original game (/config/lang_main/english.lang). See if that one works in your mod.
Thanks guys. Got it to work <3