Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I want to become more brave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Any tips on how I can become more fearless and brave so I can play my copy of Amnesia? I really want to play it but Im too scared.
(11-06-2010, 09:32 PM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]Any tips on how I can become more fearless and brave so I can play my copy of Amnesia? I really want to play it but Im too scared.

There isn't really alot you can do than just keep thinking it's just a game.
What i do is i put on my TV with that volume harder than my game volume.
That seems to help me.
Well, if i ever get too scared i start singing that Lion King song, you know, ''awembawe awembawe''

Cough Cough..

>_>
Turn the lights on.. that makes it a whole less scarier. But it does ruin the experience. :/
I still want the genuine experience of playing in pitch dark with headphones and high volume Sad
For me it helped when I saw 'my first monster'. I now know what they look like and don't really fear them anymore. I still jump up if I see a monster or hear them yell when I open a door but I know that I can hide from them.
If you're really scared, you can turn down the volume a bit, or play with the lights on. It doesn't really 'ruin' the experience imo. You're also playing for fun and if playing in the dark with a headset isn't fun for you, then there's nothing wrong with playing in your own set-up (lights on, speakers, etc.).
EDIT: Didn't see your reply. Here are some more tips:
- Don't play for too long. 15-20 minute sessions are perfect Wink.
- Make sure you always have a hiding spot / escape route.
- Save your tinderboxes/oil in the beginning of the game. There are no monsters so don't use all of them. You'll feel safer later on if you know that you have a lot of oil/tinderboxes Smile.
(11-07-2010, 12:42 AM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]I still want the genuine experience of playing in pitch dark with headphones and high volume Sad

Well, then there's not much to do but to mentally prepare yourself for a scare-a-thon, constantly remembering that it's only a game and taking breaks when it get's too scary for you too handle. Flcn's tips are also very useful.
I could help you a bit with a hint, but it's kind off a spoiler so I won't unless you'd really need it Tongue
Just muddle through it and keep telling yourself that it's a game. Alcohol helps Tongue Seriously though, play in short intervals if it's getting too intense.

I found the further I progressed the better I was able to handle it. I guess it comes down to understanding the game mechanics. Once I figured out how to survive reliably the fear became less of a bother. There was a section of the game I found particularly intense and once I passed it I found my brave level went up by thousands. Don't give up hope Wink
First of all, always hide if monsters are near. Second, Be Brave. Smile Third, Hit fifteen thousand Grunts and Brutes with your lantern until they all die. Fourth, jump into a valcano. Thats all.

(Really, I don't know how to make you braver, just do the first tip I mentioned, thats something you really should do)
Is it normal that the screen zooms in and out slightly all the time and that the screen often leans towards a side and isnt straight? I thought things like that were supposed to happen when u go insane not when I have "Crystal clear" as status.

Also I can hear my characters breath which is unpleasant.
Pages: 1 2 3 4