Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: R6025: Pure virtual function call error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=5960]

Latest version from GOG.

I keep getting this error during the zeppelin ride on Delta (after harvesting a chip from one of the robots). Can't seem to find a solution. Updating the graphics driver, reinstallng a certain Visual Studio runtime, lowering the graphic settings and loading a slightly older savegame (don't want to go back more than 2 hours just for trying) did't work.
In case that I can't get it to work, could someone provide me a savegame?
Anything? I'd really like to proceed.
Back when I had this error, I solved the issue by going about 3-4 saves backward. There isn't and wasn't really much more I could do from there. I know you haven't expressed much interest in going backwards and losing a lot of progression, but it may be the only solution.

Feel free to upload the save file with the issue however. The developers may be interested to see what may have caused the problem!
There you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xyv164m7b49u19...0.sav?dl=0

Tried this savegame on another machine and it crashed on the same spot as well.
I tried the save on both the GOG and Steam patch and it seems to crash on both. The crash happens outside of the game exe so its hard to say what is causing it.

My best suggestion would be to load a save file from the previous map. If that doesnt work I can send you a new save file from the start of the next map.
(06-26-2017, 05:06 PM)nebej Wrote: [ -> ]I can send you a new save file from the start of the next map.
That would be great - I don't like the idea of going back several hours since it still may crash.
Here is a save file for the start of the next level. Just a few seconds after it crashes.
Place it in Documents\my games\Soma\Main\Default
Load the save file. It should be called - Outside Theta -

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5U8Asr...sp=sharing
It's working, thank you very much. Smile