Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SOMA crashes on launch and I can't locate my HPL.log file (Win-10)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ClassicalfreaK

As the title suggests, SOMA crashes on launch, only lasting about a half a second before it closes, and (as far as I can tell) I have the proper soft- and hardware to play the game.

Your support provides information for older Windows versions but not where to find the HPL.log file for Windows 10.

The chain I went to to access the SOMA files on my computer was
Spoiler below!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SOMA

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Spoiler below!

Windows 10 Home
Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB
64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

GRAPHICS CARD
Spoiler below!

Intel HD Graphics 4600

I have tried all of the troubleshooting I can. I have installed drivers, updated them, verified the local files through Steam, and nothing seems to be working.

As soon as someone explains where I can locate my HPL.log file I will gladly post it here.

I don't know if it will be useful, but for now, my most recent DxDiag file is attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Intel graphics cards are not supported, so your specs aren't quite there. It can still work though if you have proper drivers for it, but since it's not supported, it cannot be guaranteed.

The log should be located in Documents\My games\Soma\hpl.log. Did you not find it there?