Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: FATAL ERROR: GAME NOT OPENING IN STEAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Joedson Gabriel

Hello developers, I'm having a problem when I try to open the game: Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: Pigs Machine ... I bought both games today at the Steam Store and did not make any changes to the game directory files. When I try to open it it just does not open but it shows an alert that says "The application can not be initialized 0xc000007b" I am using Windows 7 64bits with 2gbRAM with a gt420 2gb ddr3 128bits video card. my video drivers are up to date.I really want to complete the story of these games. I love games like that.
i am brazillian
help-me please!!
i don't speak english
i'm using the google translate

Print of my screen
By the specifications, the graphics card should be supported. Are you able to get and post the HPL.log file from Documents\Amnesia\Main ? It might be that the file does not exist, because this error seems to occur very early on, but if it's there, it should tell us why it crashed.

If not I suggest trying a clean install of the video drivers, which completely removes your old ones before installing the latest version again. It might loosen up something.