Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia weird light tracks.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey there here's my issue.

I play amnesia like for 2 years and last week it started to show some weird tracks on shining objects like grass and lights. You can see that in the link below. You can see the weird track in front of bookshelf.

Image ---> https://prnt.sc/hcfajf

Not only it is ugly to see as it drops like around 30 FPS witch is a lot.

Can someone explain me what is it and how to solve it?

Regards
That is indeed very strange. Never seen such before. Maybe try updating your drivers, this looks like it could be a bug in the version you have.
(11-20-2017, 02:02 AM)Mudbill Wrote: [ -> ]That is indeed very strange. Never seen such before. Maybe try updating your drivers, this looks like it could be a bug in the version you have.

I have drivers updated.
Perhaps the latest one is the one with the bug. If you didn't encounter this before, something must've changed. Maybe installing the previous driver can help, but that might be a bit tricky to do. Of course, it might be totally unrelated to drivers, but like I said, I've never seen it before, so it's a rare issue.
Ok I will try install previous drivers. Hope it works, because playing amnesia with 15-20 fps really sucks. Thanks for the help. I will post something when i try that.
nope still in the same. installed drivers from 5 months earlier.
Nothing weird happens in other games then?
I'm wondering if it could be some faulty unit in the GPU itself.
No in other games it works just fine. Only in amnesia is bugged. Don't know if is because of the Engine itself.
Ok I just reset my PC and reinstalled windows again and it works fine now. Maiby there were files that shouldn't be in Amnesia folder and was corrupting some amnesias files?
I'm unsure. It's possible that leftover driver files from older installations weren't completely removed. Sometimes a "clean" install of drivers (which completely removes the current one before installing a new one) helps sort weird issues out.

It's a drastic solution, but at least it worked out for you!