Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: SOMA Searching for Dialogue Transcription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello my fellow friends of good video games.
I am writing a term paper for my university course "Introduction to Literary Studies II" here
at the Karl-Franzens University in Graz, Austria, and I decided to take on the narrative situation in SOMA, one of the stories that fascinated me the most in the last years.
Now it would really help me a lot if i could somehow get my hands on a transcription of the dialogue that happens in-game. I have searched the internet, i have called frictional games and they said i should either write them an e-mail, or ask nicely in the forums. But they did say that such a document exists.
Is there a transcription, a text document, of the dialogue? Could somebody be so nice and send it to me? It would really help, because otherwise i can either play to the part of the game, or look it up on a Let's Play, which is both tedious as i want to quote the dialogue many times.
Write me a PM and i will send you my e-mail adress!
Kind regards and thanks in advance,
Michael Windisch

P.S.: I hope i posted this into the right thread
Each map should have it's own lang file that contains all the dialogue inside it.
If you want terminal stuff then you can find it in config/lang_main/english.lang
You can open the lang files as XML documents in notepad++
(01-14-2018, 05:26 PM)Draugemalf Wrote: [ -> ]Each map should have it's own lang file that contains all the dialogue inside it.
If you want terminal stuff then you can find it in config/lang_main/english.lang
You can open the lang files as XML documents in notepad++

Its true, I can find all the dialogue in there.
Thank you, that's really helpful and basically what i have been searching for!