Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't make an unlockable door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying all the solutions I can but nothing works! Here's my script.

void OnStart()
{
AddUseItemCallback("", "CSBedroomKey", "CSBedroomDoor", "UseKeyOnCSBedroomDoor", true);
}
void FUNCTION(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked(asEntity, false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", asEntity, 0, false);
RemoveItem(asItem);
}
You need to rename your FUNCTION parameter to match the one in your UseItem Callback. In this case, you need to name your function like this:

PHP Code:
void UseKeyOnCSBedroomDoor(string &in asItemstring &in asEntity)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked(asEntityfalsetrue);
PlaySoundAtEntity("""unlock_door"asEntity0false);
RemoveItem(asItem);

Provided your key and door names are correct in your map, then this script should work correctly now. Smile
(01-22-2018, 06:17 PM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]You need to rename your FUNCTION parameter to match the one in your UseItem Callback. In this case, you need to name your function like this:

PHP Code:
{
RemoveItem(asItem);

Provided your key and door names are correct in your map, then this script should work correctly now. Smile

So in other words, remove the FUNCTION part?

(01-23-2018, 01:13 AM)1402News Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2018, 06:17 PM)Romulator Wrote: [ -> ]You need to rename your FUNCTION parameter to match the one in your UseItem Callback. In this case, you need to name your function like this:

PHP Code:
{
RemoveItem(asItem);

So in other words, remove the FUNCTION part?

Actually, I've tried it with the function saying FUNCTION and the door still wouldn't unlock.

PHP Code:
{
RemoveItem(asItem);

I attempted it. It doesn't work. It still says "Cannot use item this way".
Can you screenshot the names of the objects in your level editor and upload them to https://imgur.com and link them here?
(01-23-2018, 04:27 PM)1402News Wrote: [ -> ]

PHP Code:
{
RemoveItem(asItem);

I attempted it. It doesn't work. It still says "Cannot use item this way".

As far as I know you've flipped the two string parameters? I could be wrong but the function is programmed to have the entity first, then the item parameter. This won't help your current issue but it would help later on I imagine since your code is dependant on the parameters.

Code:
void UseKeyOnCSBedroomDoor(string &in asEntity, string &in asItem)
{
SetSwingDoorLocked(asEntity, false, true);
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "unlock_door", asEntity, 0, false);
RemoveItem(asItem);
}
No, the item comes first.

[Image: uGyZChQ.png]