Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Game crashes when when I open it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Two days ago, I got both games from HumbleBundle but when I start the game, this shows up the next secondUndecided
Please help
Hey there!

Please provide us with your hpl.log file. This will tell us more about your system and your problem so we can troubleshoot it further. You can find this file by viewing Problem X of the Troubleshooting Guide.
I saw the Amnesia Collection on Humble Bundle so I installed it and wanted to play, but every time I start Amnesia, the game crashes and it's followed by the text
"!!!GAME CRASHED!!! READ THIS:
Something is wrooooooooong!
If all fails go to http://support.frictionalgames.com/for more info

Exception Reason
Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCES_VIOLATION in module <UNKNOWN> at 001B:00000000"

Processor:Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
RAM: 2.0 GB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

^I don't think that the computer details were needed but why not. It's an old brick anyway.
So in your hpl.log file, it lists the OpenGL version as 1.1.0, with Microsoft GDI Generic as the Graphics processor.

Quote: Setting up OpenGL
Vendor: Microsoft Corporation
Renderer: GDI Generic
Version: 1.1.0

This means that your computer's graphics drivers are either corrupted or not installed. See Step 3 in our Graphics Card Troubleshooting Guide and follow the prompts on the nVidia website to install or update your graphics drivers.

Regardless of whether it asks you to do so, I recommend restarting your computer after the installation has concluded, then try running Amnesia again.
Thank you, both games are working now, thanks alot for your help!
No problem, glad I could help Smile Enjoy the game!

Since this has been solved, I'll close the thread. Any other issues, please do not hesitate to ask! Smile