Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: can't start custom content?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I subscribed to custom campaign (Extinction: Echoes of Rain). Tried Launching SOMA, it asked if I want to play main game or custom content - I pressed custom content, started game, set up graphics and exited.

Later evening I launch game and no dialog asking if I want to play custom content appears, SOMA starts directly. Also I had to reconfig the game again somewhy?
I still have no option to choose if I want run main game or custom content when starting game, but putting steam_appid.txt with text "282140" (remove quotes) in game folder fixed ModLauncher.exe and I can start mods with it now.
I'm pretty sure right clicking the game in the Steam Library asks what particular launch method you would like to use is provided (Run Main Game, Run Settings Launcher, etc).

I'll have to inform the devs that steam_appid.txt is missing from the latest build. I've received many reports but because I hadn't had the game installed, I couldn't verify. Thanks for that!
Good morning! steam_appid.txt should now be up on Steam, please try it out again and let me know if it works!
(02-05-2018, 10:09 AM)vesikko Wrote: [ -> ]Good morning! steam_appid.txt should now be up on Steam, please try it out again and let me know if it works!

This is an issue that started appearing with the safe mode patch.
That update seems to contain older versions of the editors and the e3 maps (which are basically upsilon with a few extra inaccessible unfinished rooms, The e3 maps have been added and then removed in some other updates, IIRC they were there on release, but then were removed, and then popped up again with the Tobii update but were removed again on a later patch).
In my case the update also overwrote all of the editors and the default SOMA maps.
The "new" editors are actually missing some features, such as object placement parameters. [Image: bJG1JL5.png] Most of the editors also lost their icons for some reason.
Luckily I still had an older version of the editor and asked Rom to upload it on the wiki: https://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl3/co...cy_editors , also I mentioned that people should replace the current level editor with that one in one of my hpl3 tutorials.
I also think that the model editor in general seems to crash more often but that might be just a coincidence.

Also, unrelated but.... if you're gonna do an update to make sure that the latest editors are used again, can you also include the teaser map from the 2013 trailer? Most of the modding community would really like to take a look at how assets were used in there.
Hi, I'm back with good news! It was indeed an old file that was uploaded yesterday, but now the new editor should be up and running now.

Also added the teaser map to editor\sample_maps\teaser. : )

Again, let me know if something's still broken!